May 25 2011
TV HAIRDRESSER ADEE PHELAN LAUNCHES EXCLUSIVE SALON AT THE CUBE
Celebrity hairdresser Adee Phelan is returning to his home city to launch an exclusive salon as part of the multi-million pound Birmingham Cube development.
The star of Channel 4's The Salon, from Kings Heath, has confirmed he will take 5000 sq ft of ground floor, with canal side views, for his new £850,000 luxury hairdressers.
The designer salon is the latest announcement in the £13m development, owned and operated by Sanguine Hospitality Limited, which will also feature a 25th floor Marco Pierre White restaurant, four-star upscale boutique Hotel Indigo and a state-of-the-art health club and urban spa.
Adee's plush salon will feature 30 hair-styling stations, photographic studio and a hair clinic.
The 39-year-old, who shot to fame when he styled David Beckham's hair prior to the 2002 World Cup, will also take an apartment at the development, confirming it as a destination to live and work in the city centre.
Birmingham is where I was born and bred and, despite running a salon in London's Covent Garden, I have always been looking for the right opportunity to come back to the city. My aim is to bring a high profile salon, traditionally found in London, to Birmingham for the first time.
The Cube is an exciting development for Birmingham and when the space became available, this was the only place I was ever going to consider coming. I plan to bring a touch of luxury with my new salon where clients can expect a top-class, reputable service from myself and my team of expert stylists.
The new salon fits in perfectly with the rest of The Cube development as somewhere people can come to relax and be pampered. It will lead the way for leisure in the entire city. I, for one, will be literally eating, sleeping and living here.
Nick Taplin, managing director of Sanguine Hospitality Ltd, said:
Adee is a real coup for The Cube and his salon will bring an exciting new concept to Birmingham. It was our aim to bring in a high-profile, reputable hairdresser as part of what we are trying to achieve at The Cube, which is to create a complete leisure destination, so we are pleased that Adee has confirmed as part of the development.
Visitors will have everything they need all under one roof - a plush hotel, leading gym and spa, fine dining and now an exciting new hairdressing salon.
Celebrity clients at Adee's London salon include TV chef Marco, who is also his long-standing friend, Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, actress Rosamund Pike, presenter Piers Morgan and comedian Catherine Tate.
Work has already started on site at Adee's new salon and is expected to be completed, along with the rest of The Cube development, in autumn this year.
For more information visit www.hotelbirminghamthecube.co.uk.
For further information about this news release please contact Nicky Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org; 0151 239 5005; 07825 051 585
Notes to Editors:
• Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill will provide breathtaking, panoramic views of the city from a fabulous new 1,319m2 venue on the 25th floor of The Cube
• The boutique Hotel Indigo will consist of 52 bedrooms on levels 23 and 24
• The Club & Spa offers unpretentious luxury for all guests. It sources products and treatments from around the world to ensure customers benefit from a unique experience
• Sanguine Hospitality Limited owns and operates hotels, restaurants and spas across the UK and is one of the sector’s fastest growing independent businesses. Since forming in 2005, Sanguine has entered into licensed agreements with IHG, Wyndham, Hilton and Marco Pierre White
• For more information about Sanguine Hospitality Limited and its properties, please visit www.sanguinehospitality.com
Labels: The Cube Birmingham